Stoli Catalysts have developed novel methods for catalyst synthesis and binding catalysts to reactor surfaces. This patent-pending technology enables the design and manufacture of catalyst-coated tube reactors for efficient, continuous flow reactions with excellent control of the residence time, high product yield, and selectivity. Our reactors eliminate the need for cumbersome catalyst-product separation.
● Intensified reactions. Control over residence time allows the increase of specific reaction rates up to 8-fold compared to batch
● Excellent product quality. Rapid mass transfer and precise residence time control provide for reproducible impurity profile
● No need for catalyst separation. Catalysts are immobilised on the reactor walls allowing for reaction without difficult slurry separation
● Decreased labour costs. Elimination of repetitive non-productive steps in batch processes allows labour cost savings of 10-60%
● Improved process safety. Smaller reactor size of the flow reactor dramatically decreases risks associated with the continuous processes compared to batch
● Lower plant footprint. 24/7 operation in continuous flow and intensified production open a pathway for significant reduction (1-3 fold) in plant footprint
● Lower energy consumption. Smaller reactor sizes and elimination of heating/cooling cycles provides 2-10 fold reduction in energy consumption compared to batch processes
● Reduced waste. Use of solvents may be eliminated or reduced thanks to rapid heat transfer
● Lower capital costs. Smaller equipment size can cut capital costs by 40-65% compared to batch plant
We have developed a monolith-based fuel cell catalyst for sustainable remote energy generation.
Stoli cascaded imine formation and hydrogenation; intensified process to maximise rate, and catalyst utilisation.
Short residence time and high temperature – an impossible combination for batch – allowed increasing specific reaction rates 8-fold in flow with the same product quality.