Active Site Studies
We have a range of tools at our lab to help you with your characterisation requirements. The techniques we offer include but not limited to:
- Temperature-programmed oxidation (TPO) with mass-spectrometry detection
- Temperature-programmed reduction (TPR) with mass-spectrometry detection
- Adsorption and temperature-programmed desorption of ammonia with mass-spectrometry detection
- Adsorption and temperature-programmed desorption of pyridine with mass-spectrometry detection
- Chemisorption of carbon monoxide (CO) with mass-spectrometry detection
- Chemisorption of hydrogen (H2) with mass-spectrometry detection
- Temperature-programmed desorption and desorption of probe molecules
- Surface area and porosity (BET surface area, BJH pore volume, pore volume distribution)
- Gas and HPLC chromatography (GC, HPLC)
- UV absorption and photoluminescence
Advanced Surface Analysis
Working closely with the several universities, we provide advanced analytical techniques.
Advantages of choosing us: we suggest the studies required to suit your needs, provide full interpretation, and rapid turnaround.
Talk to us to discuss your problem and the most efficient way to solve it.
- X-Ray techniques including powder X-ray diffraction or single-crystal X-ray diffraction
- Transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- High-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM)
- Scanning electron microscopy including energy dispersive spectroscopy (SEM)
- Elemental mapping and elemental analysis with X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
- Solution phase nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
We love a challenge! We are willing to provide an innovative solution to meet your demands. We offer bespoke characterisation facilities that require building dedicated testing systems. These include thermal conductivity and capacity for materials, high-temperature catalyst attrition studies. We have recently completed challenging in-situ X-ray absorption (XAS) studies, over a large temperature range, at the Diamond Light source in Harwell.
We manufactured 10 kg catalyst using characterisation to validate the scale-up procedure from lab to manufacturing processes.
We completed in situ synchrotron studies of a customer’s catalyst at the Diamond Light Source Facility.