StoliFlow, catalyst-coated Tube Reactors
Stoli Catalysts offers lab-scale StoliFlow catalyst-coated tube reactors for rapid catalyst testing and scalable milligram to kilogram laboratory hydrogenation without mass transfer limitations. StoliFlow tube reactors based on platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd), or ruthenium (Ru) provide excellent selectivity and eliminate labour-intensive catalyst separation from your product.
StoliFlow tubes easily interface with existing commercial flow equipment such as Vapourtec and Uniqsis systems using standard 1/16” fittings. We also offer bespoke catalysts and tubes in addition to our standard tubes below.
Standard StoliFlow Catalyst-Coated Tube Reactors
The tubes are 316L stainless steel, 5 m long, 1.27 mm ID, 1.59 mm OD and coated with the following catalysts
|5 wt% Pd/C|
|5 wt% Pd/SiO2|
|5 wt% Pd/ZnO|
|2 wt% Pt/C|
|2 wt% Pt/SiO2|
|5 wt% Ru/SiO2|
|5 wt% Ru/C|
|5 wt% Rh/SiO2|
|5 wt% Rh/C|
|12 wt% Pt/C|
|12 wt% Pt/SiO2|
* We have discontinued these products; they may be avaliable on a special request, subject to T&C and availability.
Peer-review publications that discuss the applications of the StoliFlow catalyst-coated tubes.
- N. Cherkasov, P. Denissenko, S. Deshmukh, E. V. Rebrov, Gas-liquid hydrogenation in continuous flow – The effect of mass transfer and residence time in powder packed-bed and catalyst-coated reactors, Chem. Eng. J. 379 (2020) 122292. doi:10.1016/j.cej.2019.122292.
- N. Cherkasov, A. Exposito, Y. Bai, E. V Rebrov, Counting bubbles: precision process control of gas-liquid reactions in flow with an optical inline sensor, React. Chem. Eng. 4 (2019) 112–121. doi:10.1039/C8RE00186C.
- A.J. Exposito, Y. Bai, K. Tchabanenko, E. V. Rebrov, N. Cherkasov, Process Intensification of Continuous-Flow Imine Hydrogenation in Catalyst-Coated Tube Reactors, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 58 (2019) 4433–4442. doi:10.1021/acs.iecr.8b06058.
- E. V Rebrov, N. Cherkasov, Disruptive technology for fine chemicals synthesis with catalyst-coated tube reactors, Chim. Oggi – Chem. Today. 36 (2018) 17–20.
- N. Cherkasov, Y. Bai, A.J. Exposito, E. V. Rebrov, OpenFlowChem – a platform for quick, robust and flexible automation and self-optimisation of flow chemistry, React. Chem. Eng. 3 (2018) 769–780. doi:10.1039/C8RE00046H.
- Y. Bai, N. Cherkasov, S. Huband, D. Walker, R. Walton, E. Rebrov, Highly Selective Continuous Flow Hydrogenation of Cinnamaldehyde to Cinnamyl Alcohol in a Pt/SiO2 Coated Tube Reactor, Catalysts. 8 (2018) 1–18. doi:10.3390/catal8020058.
- N. Cherkasov, Y. Bai, E. Rebrov, Process Intensification of Alkynol Semihydrogenation in a Tube Reactor Coated with a Pd/ZnO Catalyst, Catalysts. 7 (2017) 1–16. doi:10.3390/catal7120358.
- N. Cherkasov, M. Al-Rawashdeh, A.O. Ibhadon, E. V Rebrov, Scale up study of capillary microreactors in solvent-free semihydrogenation of 2-methyl-3-butyn-2-ol, Catal. Today. 273 (2016) 205–212. doi:10.1016/j.cattod.2016.03.028.
- N. Cherkasov, A.O. Ibhadon, E. V. Rebrov, Solvent-free Semihydrogenation of Acetylene Alcohols in a Capillary Reactor coated with a Pd-Bi/TiO2 Catalyst, Appl. Catal. A Gen. 515 (2016) 108–115. doi:10.1016/j.apcata.2016.01.019.
- N. Cherkasov, A.O. Ibhadon, E. V. Rebrov, Novel synthesis of thick wall coatings of titania supported Bi poisoned Pd catalysts and application in selective hydrogenation of acetylene alcohols in capillary microreactors, Lab Chip. 15 (2015) 1952–1960. doi:10.1039/C4LC01066C.
We are developing a hydrogenation pilot miniplant due to begin pilot tests in 2021. The miniplant aims to produce 100 kg of hydrogenated product per day in continuous flow. A modular turnkey reactor system with integrated process control. Contact us to discuss a continuous flow hydrogenation pilot test.