R&D assistant intern.
We are currently seeking an intern with a background in chemistry or chemical engineering to join our young, dynamic and entrepreneurial company. Successful candidates will focus on the development of new catalysts and test our innovative hydrogenation reactor system.
As part of your role, your responsibilities will be:
- Conducting research into various catalysts and designs for hydrogenation reactions
- Synthesis, modification and production of catalysts
- Experimental testing of equipment and catalysts
- Involving yourself in scientific discussion and idea generation
- Working in a safe manner, including risk assessing as necessary
- Experiment design and integration into various software packages
To be eligible for this role, you must: be a university graduate or post-graduate who has graduated within the last three (3) calendar years, or an individual who is returning from a career break of 12 months or more from full-time employment.
- You will be working towards a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or similar
- Experience in laboratory work and confidence with hands-on approaches
- Have knowledge of standard office computer programs (eg. MS Word, Excel etc)
- Effective presentation and report-writing skills
- Be able to work as part of a cohesive team in a dynamic work environment
- Some background experience in hydrogenation or catalysis is desirable but not essential
Our lab is located near Leamington Spa (Wellesbourne lab on the University of Warwick’s Wellesbourne campus, CV35 9EF).
The contract will be for a fixed term of 3-9 months with a possible extension. Due to the ongoing COVID situation, the start date will be no earlier than the lifting of UK lockdown restrictions.
Interested? Please send your application to email@example.com with the title “Intern application”. Please enclose your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role. These files must be separate pdf documents named as “yourSurname_CV.pdf”. Applications that do not fulfil these requirements will not be considered. The closing date is 23:59 on 1 July 2020. Please send applications early as we may fill the position before the closing date.